Why Prenatal Yoga?
During Pregnancy time there are lot of changes happens— like emotional, mental and most importantly, physical. Our body adjusts to the transformation taking place, and it is natural to feel discomfort or conflicting emotions.
During this period you should be more active , it is better for you. Being physically active during pregnancy (consult your gynaecologist before you start practicing) will help you to keep weight under control (weight gain), and will also helps you during labour. Prenatal Yoga is the way to relax and to stay fit.
What are the benefits?
Research suggests that prenatal yoga can:
• Reduce stress and anxiety
• Improve sleep
• Increase the strength, flexibility and endurance of muscles needed for childbirth
• Decrease lower back pain, nausea, headaches and shortness of breath
How to choose Prenatal Yoga class?
Opt for a program conducted by certified instructor who has training in prenatal yoga and executed this kind of program before. Please observe a class or poses before you start and make sure you’re comfortable with the activities involved, discuss with instructor if you have any queries.
What are Prenatal Yoga class activities?
• Breathing – breathing techniques (Pranayam) might help you reduce or manage shortness of breath during pregnancy and work through contractions during labor.
• Stretching – encouraged to gently move different areas of your body, such as your neck, legs and arms.
• Postures – gently move your body into different positions for developing your strength, flexibility and balance.
• Relaxation – Meditation to relax you, feel comfortable and positive energy.
If you would like to buy and read a book on Prenatal Yoga, click this link : “Yoga Mama – The practitioners guide to Prenatal Yoga”
Watch a quick video below by Lara Dutta, she has many videos on YouTube for prenatal yoga exercises, which you can do at home. One more time, reminder – please consult your gynaecologist and join certified instructor.
Please leave your comments below, if you like it, share this to others who can get benefited.